The recipe name is a mouth-full, but your tummy will definitely be full after eating these! I knew we were going to have a fun-filled day at the pumpkin patch, so I wanted to make sure we started off the day right with some gluten free/dairy free protein-packed pancakes!
- 2 scoops Plant Fusion protein powder
- 4 Tbsp gluten-free pancake mix
- 4 Tbsp chia seed, ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp PB2
- 4 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup almond milk
- Dairy free Chocolate chunks (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, banana, and almond milk.
- Gently pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, while mixing with a rubber spatula until combined. Do not over mix!
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, and coat with coconut oil cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup rounds of batter onto the skillet, and cook until you see bubbles on the surface, about 5 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook for another 5 minutes*.
- *Batter will be extremely thick, and it takes quite a bit of time to cook through. Heat the pancakes all the way through until they are no longer gooey. I had to remove the first two batches from the griddle and microwave, covered, for one minute on half power to ensure they were completely cooked.